About the Blue Sky Guesthouse
English main > About the Blue Sky Guesthouse
This page contains Japanese characters.
- Our name is...
- "Blue Sky Guesthouse"
- In Japanese,「旅人の宿 蒼空げすとはうす」(Ah-oh-zora Guesthouse)
- 1526 Hongu-cho Hongu, Tanabe City, Wakayama, JAPAN
- Zip code 647-1731
- In Japanese, 和歌山県田辺市本宮町本宮1526
- Downloadable PDF maps
- "map code" : 478 287 684*88
- Our guestrooms are...
- All Japanese Tatami matted rooms, private, and with bathroom and restroom (Sorry, we don't have Onsen...)
- The capacity is up to 4persons per room. We have 4rooms totally.
- Free Wifi and International broadcast (CNN,BBC) are available.
- All rooms are NON-SMOKING.
(per night, per person, including breakfast and tax)
Adult (over 12-years old) JPY6,000 Single occupancy : JPY7,000 Child 6-11 year olds JPY4,500 Child and infant
under 6-years old
JPY4,500 with bed and breakfast Free, no bed and breakfast Everyday SAME price(even in high season).
Please make payment when you will check-in.
(card guarantee is not required when you make booking)
Only AMEX, Diners, JCB cards and cash are available
(Sorry, we can't take traveler's cheque, VISA card, Master card and so on)
Please check the cancellation charge condition.
- Common use facilites
- * Dining
- * Kitchen for guest use
- * Laundry
- * PC in dining room
- * Travel information books and pamphlets
- * Beverage vending machine
- * Parking(free).
- * Face towel
- * Shampoo
- * Hair conditioner
- * Soap, Toothbrash, Japanese tea,
- Complimentary coffee (in dining room).
- Borrowed Amenities(free)
- Bathtowel,Hair dryer
- Rental Amenities
- About meals
- Breakfast is included in room fee.(Basically,western breakfast)
- We will ask you the time of breakfast when you will arrive.
- (Breakfast time is from 6:30am to 9:00am.
- We are very afraid that we can't serve breakfast for the guest who will get on the bus departs 5:52am bound for Tanabe.
- In that case we can discount our room fee. We appreciate your understanding.)
- About dinner, you can use kitchen or have at nearby restaurants.
- Please note that the restaurant and shops in Hongu area close earlier than you expect...closed at 6pm or 7pm.
- For detail information about restaurants and shops around our guest house, click here.
- Check-in and
- Check-in is from 3 p.m.
- We are afraid that we are out for doing errands and buying foods, and the entrance door is closed before 3 p.m.
If you want to leave your luggage before check-in, "TORII shop", the shop near of the KUMANO HONGU TAISHA grand shrine, can keep it.
please contact us in advance and let us know your arrival time, certainly.
Thank you for your understanding!
- Check-out time is by 10 a.m.
- 15minutes walk from KUMANO HONGU TAISHA GRAND SHRINE(World Heritage)
- 3minutes walk from Oyunohara(former site of KUMANO HONGU TAISHA GRAND SHRINE,World Heritage)
- 2minutes walk from entrance of KUMANO-KODO pilgrimage route(World Heritage)
- 2minutes walk from "Kumano-Hongu 熊野本宮" bus stop
- 7minutes walk from "Hongu-Taisha-mae 本宮大社前" bus stop
- Downloadable bus timetables
- PDF map from KUMANO HONGU TAISHA GRAND SHRINE and bus stops
- 1hour and 20mins. drive from Shirahama-Onsen(hot-spring)
- 1hour and 15mins. drive from Nachi waterfall
- for more information, see this page or check the website of "Kumano Tourism Bureau"
- By mail or on-line booking.
- Sorry, you can't make a resevation through most of travel agents.
- Cancellation charge
- #Cancellation till 3days before of staying day = free
#Cancellation on 2days before or the previous day of staying = 50% of room fee
#Cancellation on the day of staying and No Show = 100% of room fee
- Change charge
- If you change the staying day or number of person, you may be charged.
#till the previous day of staying = free
#the day of staying of original booking = 30% of room fee
- My English is not so good. But I will do my best for a wonderful stay of my dear guests always.
- Onsen(hot springs) are located close to my guesthouse. There are some Onsens within 10mins. drive.
- For details,"Kawayu-Onsen「川湯温泉」" "Yunomine-Onsen「湯の峰温泉」" "Watarase-Onsen「渡瀬温泉」" link for "Tanabe city Kumano tourism bureau".
Special thanks!!! :
Brad Towle on "Tanabe City Kumano Tourism Bureau"